The "stuff" you love...


I don't think I've officially announced it anywhere- well, unless you hang out with me on other social media outlets, that is. TrashN2Tees is packin' up and moving shop. And let me tell you... it has me stressed. 

Next week we'll I'll be loading down our trucks with the stuff we love and temporarily shacking up in Easton, Pennsylvania, a small town across from our hometown in New Jersey. (Nick and I are both from Jersey) We'll be there until we're able to find our forever home across the river.  

Our living room getting a face lift this week

While we've literally considered and weighed our options of returning 'home' every year since Sam was born (he's now six) it appears that we are actually going to go through with this. Over the past few months we've managed to whittle down our belongings- giving away items on Freecycle, craigslist, and dropping off loads at the local Goodwill. Holy cow, the amount of 'stuff' we had- and I mean... stuff that just didn't matter. Stuff that I had no connection to. Stuff that was taking up space.

I sent out this tweet last week, "After today I officially own less than 5 pieces of furniture/or appliances ((in my whole house))" It got a lot of response, and really... it's not so bad living this temporary minimalist lifestyle. Once you sell or give away all the stuff you don't need or shouldn't have bought in the first place only the truly valuable things will be left. Cherish the stuff you love. 

 So here's a question for you: If you could bring only 5 'things' what would they be? What is the 'stuff' you love most? 


A little FYI: 

The shop will remain open with no shipping/order delays.
The whole trip is 650 miles. 
We're moving from a +170 acre farm to a row home in the 'city'. 
Crayola products are made in Easton, PA 
We have 15 nieces and nephews (13 of will be in the area) 

Comments

Popular Posts