Be you. #BoldBrilliantBeautiful YOU!



Here we are, January 10th two-thousand-and-fourteen- I'm reeling with more mastermind plans for world domination, personal proclamation, and quietly accepting the sobering truth that soon I'll be thirty. It's just a number I know, but... this year feels different.

Different can be good. better. quieter. slower. and full of intention. Different means more Saturday morning, snuggles, small celebrations, selfish sewing, and less hot dogs.

I've come a long way... a real long way. Many of you know bits and pieces of my journey from motherhood and business. What you don't know about broken promises and hearts that have lead me here. My dear friend Jackie, she never fails to remind me that I'm a survivor.

These are stories that we don't choose to share. Buried emotions and broken bits we may wish to forget. I have been abused and taken advantaged of by people I loved the most. I've been abandoned, more than once. The first time I was forgotten at a grocery store- the next time I was dropped off on the door step of a woman I didn't know and left there until I was old enough to leave. I've been homeless. I've sought sanity in the bottom of a bottle. I've had moments of weakness that literally haunted my memories in the form of regrets- for a really long time. There has been depression, anxiety, and insomnia.

Hitting rock bottom became the foundation that I built my own life. I had to let go of other peoples expectations and break out of boxes I allowed myself to hide in. I needed permission to be vulnerable. This journey has been tightly woven into my creative outlets, building a business that gives back, and the becoming a brilliant bold and beautiful woman I strive to be. It's a work in progress, but I know that every single experience has lead me to this moment and fed my soul.


Jessika Hepburn shared this song with me a few years ago and I hope that it might become an anthem of yours for 2014.
And I've got myself a new mantra
It says don't forget to have a good time
Don't let the sellers of stuff power enough to rob you of your grace
 I'm joining a group of amazing woman who are making a vow to support, inspire, and empower ourselves and others to be bold and step out from behind the lens, projects, and mama status to show real ourselves. We're doing something just for us. Will you join us? Each of us are bold, beautiful, and brilliant in our own right- it's high time we stand up and claim the awesomeness. Don't let sellers of stuff power enough to rob you of your grace.

Let everyone know you're joining in by sharing a photo of yourself with the hashtag #boldbrilliantbeautiful on instagram and twitter. search the hashtag and visit these blogs to find other women like you, looking to make 2014 their best, most authentic year yet!

Comments

Popular Posts