Soccer Ball Team Necklaces // Free Printable



As if my calendar isn't full enough, I volunteered to coach soccer for not just one team but two! No need to remind me how crazy I really am. I already know. Truthfully, I love being on the field and interacting with the kids. They make me laugh and remind me to have fun. Most importantly it's a chance for me to spend some time with Sam and Tristen. Oh and of course I get to play soccer again!

Sam on a breakaway!

A few weeks ago our co-ed U10 Renegades played in a 12 team tournament. I wanted surprise the kids with a little something to get them excited & and build team spirit. (It's an ongoing process!) Using some metal washers Nick brought home from work and a few things I had here in the house I whipped up these sweet soccer ball necklaces and personalized them with each kids jersey number. The entire project cost less than $6.00 to make if you're purchasing things from the store.

You'll Need:
1'' Metal Washers
Mod Podge
Sponge Brush
Waxed Cording 1mm
Free Soccer Ball Printable 
Card Stock White Paper
Xacto Knife
Sharpie Marker 

1. Print out the free soccer ball printable onto white card stock paper on your home printer. I choose to include a soccer ball on both sides of the washer.
2. Cut out soccer balls using scissors or xacto knife. Place washer on top of soccer ball to trace and cut out center hole.
3. Using sponge brush apply light coating of Mod Podge onto one side of washer.
4. Place soccer ball onto washer and apply top coat of Mod Podge. Let dry & repeat same process for other side.
5. Once your soccer ball charm has dried feel free to personalize with name or number using Sharpie marker.
6. Measure and cut 20'' of waxed cording per necklace. Place ends together and slip closed end through center circle of soccer ball. Now feed your two ends of waxed cording through the hoop that was just created with closed end.
7. Finish your necklace by attaching lobster clasp and O rings to ends (or simply tie knots)






Comments

Popular Posts