The Avengers Bake Shop: Tips for Making Oreo Pops

Bake Shop Birthday Treat

I'm gearing up with party prep for T's upcoming Avengers Bake Shop birthday- happening this Saturday! This morning I made these confetti oreo pops. Now for the disclaimer: I generally outsource any and all baking or cooking when possible. But- come on, how hard can it be to cover an oreo with chocolate & dip them in sprinkles?

Well... here's a few things I picked up along the way. Taste tested truth: you can't tell the difference between OREO's and the fake ones at the grocery. With our party is just a few days away, I wanted to make sure the cookies weren't going to stale between now and then. I learned that oreo pops, stored in an air tight container at about 70 degrees Fahrenheit can be kept fresh for up to 4 weeks. Great news, if you're hoping to make enough to feed an army.

I was able to make 16 pops using 3oz Wilton Rainbow Nonpareils, Wilton White Chocolate Candy Dips and a package of store brand oreos. I ran out of the rainbow sprinkles but still have plenty cookies and white chocolate left over. I was adding sprinkles to both the front and back sides of the pops- you could also cover only 1 side to double the bounty. 


Tip: Open oreo cookie, place stick in frosting at least half way. Top with a dab of melted chocolate. Put cookie back together.

In the beginning I had trouble with the cookie staying on the stick as I added the weight of chocolate. By adding the chocolate to the center of the cookie it helped hold the cookie together.


Check back tomorrow for more party DIYs and details! 

Comments

Popular Posts