Welcome to 2017!


It's hard to believe that we are already a few days into 20 seventeen. I've already learned something I didn't know about myself. As always once September sweeps in it seems like the tail end of the year just flys right by- I'm sorry I've been absent here on the blog for that time. You are always invited to keep up with the daily adventures on Instagram, it is for me the easiest way for me to update and connect but I always appreciate the chance to share more in depth here on the blog or of course, tutorials!

A small recap might be needed to start off properly and get all up to speed. Our family has grown by 4 feet- we got a puppy! Her name is Lexi Ruppkinz. Tristen has been asking for a Bernese Mountain dog for nearly 3 years after receiving a webkinz of one when he was younger. The webkinz version named "Sweetie" he carried around and loved (and continues to love.) Lexi is just 3 months old and will be a big girl- I really had no idea I'd turn into such a big ball of puppy love mush. But I have.

I closed the TrashN2Tees Etsy shop and changed my instagram name from TrashN2Tees to jmontilone. The change reflects more of the growth in my interest beyond upcycling t-shirts but don't worry I'll keep remaining focused on sustainable sewing. I'm taking time off from the t-shirt making business to focus on other ventures at this time. You can still purchase sewing jewelry here.


This is the first year I haven't really set out a master plan of goals- I'm traveling the open roads and kinda just going for the ride of it. I have some deeper thoughts about how the industry and doing business has changed my outlook and the creative process.  I'll save that for another day though.

I'm just excited to have you here- and hope you'll tell me a little about what you hope to accomplish to see in 2017! 

Comments

Popular Posts